At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of empowering a healthier you! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Agile, Customer-centred, Caring, Teamwork – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 6,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
LifeLabs is currently looking for a Operations Support Manager to join our team in Burnaby and Surrey, British Columbia. The Operations Support Manager will be responsible for managing specific small to medium scope projects or participating as a member of the cross functional project team on larger projects. Acts as the ambassador from and to operations on the project team and they will analyze the impact of the operational initiatives and implementing plans to mitigate disruption to Operations.
Supports the new product introduction process managing projects or the implementation of a phase of projects. This includes establishing the project plan and monitoring the progress and performance against the project plan within an established framework.
The successful candidate will be required to work outside of regular business hours based on project needs. Some travel (up to 30%) will be required and will be required to focus for long periods of concentration when planning projects. This position will be primarily remote or mobile based.
- Provide leadership in defining the work approach and deliverables
- Scheduling task assignments, monitoring progress, and supervising their respective team members
- Provide input and business perspective into the future state requirements and participate in requirements gathering, assessment of risk
- Assist with the development and delivery of training and associated communications
- Work in collaboration with Managers in Operations and other functions to establish National improvement initiatives based on understanding the current state and the future state vision
- Establish provincial business deployment and capital plans that support the corporate and national operations strategies and objectives
- Stay current with emerging technologies to identify opportunities for application to LifeLabs operations
- Participate in the planning and implementation of National, cross functional projects to support the successful and timely execution of the projects
- Annual planning cycle
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education preferable in a Business/Health specialty
- 3-5 years of experience in a specific functional area. Equivalent combination of education/experience
- Laboratory experience preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- Understanding of cross functional interdependencies
- Solid technical skills
- Solid business acumen
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.