Driving for us, working for you!
Purolator is looking for an Owner Operator to join our team! The daily guarantee for this run is: $359day+$120/day special = $479/day. Opportunity to increase revenue above the daily guarantee!
Purolator is Canada’s leading integrated freight, parcel and logistics solutions provider. We make Canada stronger by delivering our customers’ promises. This is an opportunity to join a large, unionized Canadian organization with a supportive working environment, competitive compensation, excellent benefits and career opportunities.
We believe that developing a winning team of employees is critical to achieving our vision of making Canada stronger by delivering our customers’ promises.
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of a national organization that plays a meaningful role in the lives of all Canadians! APPLY TODAY!
Schedule: Monday to Friday (Hours may vary)
What we can offer you:
- Benefits coverage.
- Get rewarded for your hard work. Work hard and play hard with the ability to increase revenue above the daily guarantee.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Pick-up and delivery of customer packages in the Invermere and Athalmer area.
- Based out of our Cranbrook Depot
- ~140-160 stops/day
- Ability to meet and maintain service requirements.
- Load and unload own vehicle.
- Perform additional pick-ups and deliveries as required.
- Accurate completion and daily submission of required documentation.
- Build positive relationships with both internal customers (Purolator managers, employees, dispatch, and other contractors) and external customers.
- Responsible for hiring relief driver to cover absences.
- Additional duties as required.
Your Key Requirements:
- Possess a valid Driver’s License at all times
- Possession of liability insurance and all other licenses as required by law and Purolator specifications.
- Valid WCB registration and coverage for Owner Operator and Relief Driver.
- Must supply own vehicle and maintain appearance and operation at highest industry standards.(one ton van required – 2016 or newer)
- Must possess a valid Dangerous Goods Handling Certificate.
- Ability to pick-up and deliver all packages associated to the route area or as required.
- Complete a criminal record check.
- Must meet and maintain standards set by Purolator Inc.
- Maintain membership with Teamster’s Canada.
Your Personal Qualities:
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with others
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Proper package handling techniques
- Address Cranbrook, BC, CA