Processing company payroll:
- This role will be supporting payroll processing for 3 different entities during the payroll cycles. Tasks will vary.
- Ensures all processes and procedures meet company and applicable federal and provincial legislative requirements as well as conditions of the union agreements (CBA).
- Will be back up to work with third party vendors to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing.
- Ensures the accuracy of payroll through balancing and auditing prior to submission.
- Oversees statutory compliance adherence and raises requisite alerts as needed.
- Will assist with payroll inquiries from internal employee’s and managers.
- Will work with our Ceridian and TMF vendors as needed to help close out our bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Assists with drafting payroll policies and procedures if needed, working with a Payroll Lead in Canada.
- Constantly looks for operational efficiencies and process improvement opportunities to ensure a balance between capacity and deliverables.
- Performs other payroll related duties/projects as required.
- Strong Excel, spreadsheets
- Experience with TMF or Ceridian is a plus
- Experience with complex Union Payrolls is helpful, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, and manage multiple deadlines and tasks is a must
- Address 737 Courtney St, Victoria, BC, Canada