The City of Courtenay invites written applications for a Pre-School Support Worker in the Recreation & Cultural Services Department. The successful candidate provides the necessary one on one care and support in a licensed preschool setting to identified children funded through the Child Development Centre, in accordance with established care plans which allow for their successful participation and fosters the maximum benefit of being in a group setting.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12 or equivalency
- Early Childhood Education Certificate from a recognized educational institution or Early Childhood Education Assistant from a recognized educational institution
- Early Childhood Education – Special Needs Diploma
- Current Child Safe or Safety Oriented First Aid-Emergency Level-Childcare and CPR-C
- Eligible for Early Childhood Educators of BC membership
- Some (1 year) experience in preschool teaching
- Some (1 year) experience working with children who require extra support
- Sound knowledge of the Child Care Licensing Act
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and early childhood development
- Ability to deal tactfully with sensitive issues concerning children
- Ability to modify or make suggestions to programming related to children with diverse abilities
- Ability to work well as a part of a dynamic team providing care and support to identified children in accordance with care plan
- Physical ability to frequently lift preschool children as well as lift equipment such as tables and chairs
- Criminal record clearance
This is a part-time, casual position involving varying shifts during regular business hours.
Interested persons who meet the above qualifications should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a covering letter through the “Apply” button below.
Applications will be accepted until August 16, 2021
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Date Posted: July 23, 2021
- Address 830 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, BC, Canada