Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
If you speak Punjabi fluently and have a passion for news, then OMNI wants to meet you. We are looking for a talented Producer to lead a team of journalists who will deliver stories that resonate with Canada’s Punjabi community. ideal candidate will have a strong background in journalism and a passion for innovation in news coverage.
At OMNI we live, eat and breathe diversity. OMNI News is growing, and this may be your opportunity to join Rogers, one of the best places to work in Canada.
What You’ll Be Doing…
- Lead a diverse team of journalists to produce news for Canadians who speak Punjabi
- Set the editorial agenda, ensuring OMNI News: Punjabi Edition reaches, engages and resonates with target audiences
- Guide daily and long-term editorial plans of the Punjabi Edition team including coverage of breaking news and development of enterprise stories
- Provide direction and guidance to team members, ensuring the highest journalistic standards
- Write daily stories and promos
- Seize on every opportunity to innovate in the delivery of relevant content in the most timely, efficient and effective manner
- Collaborate with Rogers Sports & Media teams in the production of content, as well as on next-day and long-term editorial projects
- Build a strong network within the Punjabi community
What You Bring…
- Speak fluently in Punjabi, and have a minimum basic working knowledge of English
- Newsroom experience, using that knowledge as a trampoline to innovation
- Highly attentive to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Unflappable, able to meet tight deadlines, to multi-task and to inspire your team in every situation
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Fluent in the digital news space with an ability to identify trending stories on social media
- Experience with live news, control room and field production are assets
- Address Vancouver, BC, Canada