Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Easy access to transit, including the Sky Train
- Secure bike facilities and easy access off the Central Valley Greenway
The Product Owner, Digital Enablement drives and executes Digital Enablement strategy initiatives. This role maintains a primary focus on Digital Enablement and development for change and continuous improvement with a secondary focus on further digital enablement strategy development. The Product Owner plays a proactive role in enabling digital experiences and driving foundational digital transformation to support revenue and profitability of BCLC products while helping garner public support for BCLC and upholding the Corporation’s commitment to social responsibility.
• Drives and manages the product roadmap by leading the direction of the current Digital Footprint product team.
• Leads the prioritization, planning and breakdown of the Digital Footprint product team’s work.
• Negotiates with stakeholders to remove team impediments, issues and blockers, including escalating to the appropriate levels within the organization when they cannot be resolved at the team level.
• Collaborates with other product owners on the prioritization of cross-team dependencies and deliverables required by other product teams.
• Develops and provides solutions and enhancements with an understanding of digital development best practices and the competitor landscape to advance the Digital Enablement strategy.
• Contributes to strategic business plans and assists in forecasting financial resource and operational needs for expenditures and budgeting related to Digital Enablement.
• Identifies risks related to the product, develops and implements risk mitigation strategies and reports on risks.
• Seeks opportunities to continuously develop through ongoing training and provides significant knowledge transfer to other members of the team and cross functionally.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• A degree in a business discipline such as business administration or marketing;
• 4 to 6 years current, related experience with a preference for Product Owner experience;
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
• Extensive knowledge combining user experience principles and content management systems required to deliver exceptional digital experiences;
• Strong knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and techniques of digital development;
• High level knowledge of platform architecture, integration, maintenance, and implementation;
• Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans to support digital enablement and transformation;
• Demonstrated expertise for business planning and road mapping in a collaborative, fast-paced business environment;
• Proven knowledge in agile methodologies and tools;
• Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with managers, and peers;
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills, communication skills, problem-solving, analytical thinking/innovation, time management and multi-tasking skills;
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
• Strong computer skills – MS Office;
• Understanding of BC gambling and global mainstream gaming industry is an asset.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
- Address Vancouver, BC, Canada