Requisition ID: 38947
Job Category: Engineering; Infrastructure
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Project Manager – Rail to join the Infrastructure group in our Rail team in the Vancouver, B.C. location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
In this role you will manage, coordinate and deliver freight rail design projects utilizing your project management and technical expertise working alongside an experienced, tight knit team of dedicated and passionate railway engineering professionals who have helped deliver and put into service over 100 million dollars’ worth of railway capital projects within the last 2 years.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Provide project and technical leadership on a broad spectrum of freight rail projects, including carrying clear responsibility and accountability for the delivery of project objectives during planning, design, procurement, and construction.
- Provide leadership, direction and technical guidance to team members and consultants to ensure that quality technical services are provided to clients and project requirements are achieved.
- Manage project production, changes, client relations, financial management and reporting, and safety of various projects to ensure quality, client satisfaction, and profitability of projects.
- Act as a trusted advisor to our Class 1, regional short line, and industrial railway clients helping to deliver potentially technically complex and cost-effective design solutions.
- Assist in pursuits, client relationship building efforts, and building technical excellence within the group.
You bring to the role:
- Civil Engineering Degree from an accredited University
- 10 years relevant experience with freight rail projects with proven track record in railway engineering and project management.
- P.Eng. registration in the province of British Columbia
- PMP registration an asset
- Significant North American freight rail experience, working with Class 1 Railways including a deep working knowledge of North American railway design standards, including relevant Class 1 Railway main track and industrial design standard, and the AREMA Manual for Railway Engineering.
- Experience in railway corridor and terminal planning, design and construction including, evaluating vertical and horizontal grade and track alignments; quantity and construction cost estimates; engineering design reports; technical specifications; material and equipment selection; cost estimates; construction contract documentation; compilation of design/construction drawings, construction coordination and contract administration; etc.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams in a railway project environment
- Experience in rail operations and rail maintenance beneficial
- Commercially astute (financial, legal, risk management)
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada