Would you like to work for a non-profit company that has 30 years on their plate of providing property management for BC’s affordable housing? COHO Management Services Society is not only BC’s largest provider of property management services to housing co-ops in BC, but we are also proud to be certified as a Living Wage Employer.
At COHO, we believe in co-operation among co-operatives with a clear focus on business, in a friendly and positive environment.
We are currently growing and seeking individuals in the Vancouver area with a strong sense of community. We are looking for someone who is excited to work with a group of individuals who are making an impact at our social purpose organization.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT/MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR
The coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance coordination of the housing co-operative. They are also responsible for carrying out policies and procedures determined by the board of directors and the general membership and as directed by the co-op representative(s). Where applicable, the coordinator is also responsible for the direction and supervision of other persons contracted or employed by the co-op for any purpose. Travel is required.
The beauty of our position and company is that although an asset, you do not need a property management license or direct property management experience.
If you have a background in customer service, maintenance coordination, administration, and basic bookkeeping/accounting, we are happy to receive your resume. Do you live in a co-op? Do you serve on your co-op Board or strata council? Do you have a strong interest in social housing? These are great examples of a strong candidate. Co-op exposure of any sort is a bonus.
For the full job description, please visit:
WHAT COHO CAN PROVIDE FOR YOU:
· A 35-hour work week which provides a property management experience and allows for work-life balance
· No requirement of working weekends. You will be required to work for a couple of hours in the evening 1-3 times per month
· 3 weeks of accrued vacation within your first year of employment plus a week of paid winter holidays for regular employees
· Group benefits (extended health, dental, life insurance) after 3 months of employment, with 70% of the premium paid by COHO
· After completing a 6 month probation, you can accrue up to a maximum of 140 sick hours which can be used for anything medical related
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com if you are interested in this opportunity!
- Address 220-1651 Commercial Dr, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada