Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 382 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Reception Clerk to join our team in Surrey, BC.
The Reception Clerk is responsible for supporting customer self-serve enablement and screen customers, clerical work and organization of various office duties at our Patient Service Centres (PSC). This position will be the first point of contact for customers and will be welcoming and ensure a positive experience, whether the interaction occurs in person or over the telephone. Behave as brand ambassadors – represent the best version of LifeLabs authentically.
This is a Temporary Part Time Regular Float position until September 30, 2021 with the possibility of extension. This position will be based out of our Fleetwood PSC located at 204 – 9014 152nd Street, with possible shifts at Surrey Central PSC, depending on operational needs
The shifts associated with this role are:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities in this role:
- Welcome customers with undivided attention and makes them feel safe.
- Screen customers and manage the line up to ensure social distancing and other COVID prevention etiquette is being met.
- Promote SMS and demonstrate functionality to customers.
- Support confidentiality in all areas of our related work.
- Represent LifeLabs in a professional and positive manner.
- Ensures a safe, comfortable, efficient and personalized experience while visiting our LifeLabs locations.
- Receive patient drop offs
- Filing and faxing as required.
- Other duties as required.
The right person for this role will be focused on great customer/patient service. Other requirements include:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Outlook
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to relate positively to customers
- Ability to wear PPE for extended periods of time
- Embraces problems with a can-do attitude and calm and measured approach striving to solve and continuously improve.
- Thrives in dynamic and changing environments
- High School Diploma
Ready to make a difference? Apply today!
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Address Surrey, BC