At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 21 laboratories and service over 19 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,400 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our team and be part of our innovation, development and growth!
LifeLabs is looking for a QA Automation Engineer with a passion for Quality and Engineering Improvements. The QA Engineer develops, executes and maintains software and scripts to automate testing for all LifeLabs applications. You will create test tools and automated test suites that are robust, performing and reusable, allowing our Agile teams to deliver high-quality releases more efficiently. You will collaborate with QA, dev, product and other cross-functional groups to deliver high-quality products.
This is a full time permanent role located at 3500 Gilmore Way, Burnaby.
- Collaborate with SCRUM teams from the start of a sprint to deliver best-in-class technical solutions
- Execute and evaluate manual and automated test cases
- Create, optimize, and refactor automated test scripts for legacy, client-server and web applications
- Monitor automation processes and prepare defect status reports
- Develop automated tests using Selenium, Webdriver, nUnit, SQL, C# and other scripts
- Write automation and perform Web, API, UI, functional, regression, smoke, black box, load, performance and end-to-end testing
- Write and/or modify SQL queries to perform database validations
- Work with functional teams in reducing error rates and perform root cause analysis of errors/trends
- Partner with other automation engineers to create a unified approach to automation across the team.
- Architect maintainable and extendable automated test frameworks and tools using scripting language(s) to test various product APIs as well as GUI elements.
- Troubleshoot defects in existing code.
- Work with support, stakeholders and developers to aid in replication of software defects.
- Automate testing of defects and assist with the maintenance of Regression Test suite.
- Collaborate as part of a development team by providing a customer viewpoint
- Make suggestions/contributions for the improvement of software testing/quality
- Process from the standpoint of the stakeholder, internal user or end user.
- Contribute in meetings, Scrums, and other inter-team interaction.
- Provide software and hardware capability assessments to outside departments.
- Research and make recommendations to the group regarding new technology available and its proper application.
- 5+ years of experience in Computer Science (BS or MS) or related field
- Certified in Quality Management and/or Quality Engineering
- Clear understanding of QA methodologies and when to use them. (e.g. Regression testing, Integration testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing, Stress testing, Blackbox, Whitebox)
- Team/Service-oriented ability to lead medium and large size test teams
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of software quality assurance, modern testing processes and methodologies.
- Technical proficiency and hands-on experience with Restful API, Backend systems, & Platform Development technology including recent MS windows and various mobile based platforms
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Hands on experience with Automated and manual test execution
- Experience with Test, Automation tools like Selenium, JMeter and Incident Management tools (e.g. TFS and MS Test Manager, Altiris, JIRA, Selenium)
- Experience with SmartBear tools like TestComplete, LoadNinja, SOAP UI is an asset
- Strong written, oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and law
- Address Burnaby, BC