Requisition ID: 42481
Job Category: Campus
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
Hatch is currently seeking a Rail Systems EIT in our Vancouver, B.C. office. This role forms part of an elite team of signaling professionals focusing on British Columbia projects with certain opportunities to work internationally, if desired. This position is an entrepreneurial role whereby you will have access to more than 500 global rail experts and other Hatch Subject Matter Experts, whose knowledge and expertise will significantly contribute to your ultimate success.
What Will a Career at Hatch Offer You:
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
- Work on problems and gain experience in the office
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning on a daily basis
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs, and more to develop your skills
- Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities.
- Participation in the planning, development, design, verification & commissioning of signaling systems
- Provision of consultancy and specialist technical services to new and existing customers
- Under the supervision of more senior personnel, perform detailed train control system application design including:
- Hardware applications
- Software applications
- Control Lines and Aspect Charts
- Calculation of approach times and distances, braking distances, electrical loads, etc.
- Develop software tools for the automation of train control system application design, verification & commissioning
- Review construction submittals for compliance with contract documents and industry standards
- Prepare contract documentation including plans and specifications for train control system construction contracts
- Prepare construction cost estimates for train control system work
- Liaise with client on a regular basis and address client needs
- Project management and coordination
- Prepare design and construction schedules
- Coordination with vendors, contractors, other consultants and clients
- Coordination with third parties like utilities, regulatory authorities and municipal organizations
- Monitor performance against budget and schedule
- Comply with company quality requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Science
- Capable of completing work in a controlled environment to meet client, budget and schedule requirements
- Must be able to work in a team environment with multiple disciplines.
- Results oriented with proven decision-making skills
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Project Management, AutoCAD or similar software
- Must submit an official or unofficial transcript
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges
- Adapts and embraces change
***All applications must include transcripts (official or unofficial) to be considered for this position
For more information on our graduate recruiting process visit hatch.com/students.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada