Requisition ID: 40661
Job Category: Consulting; Engineering; Infrastructure
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Design Manager/Systems Integration Leader to join our North American Infrastructure group in our Rail Systems team in the Vancouver, British Columbia location.
In this role the successful candidate will lead rail systems design and integration teams on mega rail projects in coordination with Hatch’s global rail systems practice. Our ideal candidate will be a veteran rail systems design manager, be a licensed professional engineer and have 15+ years of experience designing and/or integrating rail systems, including signaling and train control, communications, traction power, and all ancillary systems. He/she shall have a thorough knowledge of the systems engineering practice (ISO 15288 or similar) in the rail industry and a proven track record in developing and implementing systems integration programs, managing a team of 25+ multidisciplinary engineering professionals, and developing successful teams on multi-billion-dollar design-build/PPP rail programs both domestically and internationally.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Provide program, design and technical integration leadership to large scale rail infrastructure projects steering a team of multi-disciplinary integration professionals to deliver a complete, functional, safe and integrated rail system design.
- Provide leadership in system safety activities including RAM, systems assurance and overall safety of the program.
- Provide direction delivering full lifecycle asset management programs to ISO 55001.
- Provide leadership, direction and technical guidance to staff and consultants to ensure that quality technical services are provided to clients and that the team meets its operating performance targets.
- Manage project production, changes, client relations, and financial management of various projects to ensure quality, client satisfaction, and profitability of all projects.
- Provide industry guidance in chosen technical areas by participating in presentations to industry, heading industry committees, and/or participating in standards development efforts.
- Assist in pursuits, client relationship building efforts, building the technical practice, and recruiting of staff in rail and rail systems areas.
You bring to the role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Professional engineering license.
- 15 years of experience with at least 5 of these years in positions with engineering management leadership (EOR) responsibilities.
- Full knowledge of US (FTA & FRA), CENELEC, and ISO rail delivery standards and practices with ability to demonstrate using each on past projects.
- Experience delivering both brown and green field rail programs over $1B in capital value with full lifecycle responsibility in a leadership role
- Thorough knowledge of engineering management, systems engineering, asset management, operations management and quality management in the railway environment.
- Career foundation in Rail Systems design and systems engineering. In depth familiarity with rail operations, stations, track, and other civil aspects of the railway.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Ability and experience training and developing staff and educating clients.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada