LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
At LifeLabs, the passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Reception Clerk to join our team in Burnaby, BC.
The Reception Clerk is responsible for supporting customer self-serve enablement and screen customers, clerical work and organization of various office duties at our Patient Service Centres (PSC). This position will be the first point of contact for customers and will be welcoming and ensure a positive experience, whether the interaction occurs in person or over the telephone. Behave as brand ambassadors – represent the best version of LifeLabs authentically.
This is a Temporary Full Time position until December 31, 2021 with the possibility of extension. This position will be based out of our Metrotown PSC located at #201-4980 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC.
The shifts associated with this role are:
- Monday- 9:30-17:30
- Tuesday- 9:30-17:30
- Wednesday- 9:30-17:30
- Thursday- 9:30-17:30
- Friday- 9:30-17:30
- Saturday- OFF
Responsibilities and Accountabilities in this role:
- Welcome customers with undivided attention and makes them feel safe.
- Screen customers and manage the line up to ensure social distancing and other COVID prevention etiquette is being met.
- Promote SMS and demonstrate functionality to customers.
- Support confidentiality in all areas of our related work.
- Represent LifeLabs in a professional and positive manner.
- Ensures a safe, comfortable, efficient and personalized experience while visiting our LifeLabs locations.
- Receive patient drop offs
- Filing and faxing as required.
- Other duties as required.
The right person for this role will be focused on great customer/patient service. Other requirements include:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Outlook
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to relate positively to customers
- Ability to wear PPE for extended periods of time
- Embraces problems with a can-do attitude and calm and measured approach striving to solve and continuously improve.
- Thrives in dynamic and changing environments
- High School Diploma
Ready to make a difference? Apply today!
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
- Address Burnaby, BC