Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We're looking for a Part Time Reporter/Web Editor!
Are you passionate about telling stories that matter to Vancouver? Does the idea of working in fast-paced, 24/7, multi-platform newsroom excite you? Are you driven to create digital content that captivates hearts and minds, and forces change? Then we are looking for you! NEWS 1130 and CityNews Vancouver have an exciting opportunity on our digital team.
What you will do…
- Work with a talented team of journalists to produce digital content that captures the attention of Vancouver
- Pitch original story ideas which leads to riveting content that you produce yourself
- Support your teammates by helping convert stories designed for a radio or TV audience for a digital audience
- Deliver stories which will stand out from the competition
- Focus on telling stories for a digital audience, while also serving those on radio and TV
What you will bring…
- A passion for storytelling – you know what makes a great story and know how to tell it
- A portfolio filled with compelling content, consumed by major market audiences
- Ability to find original stories about people and issues which reflect Vancouver’s exciting and diverse communities
- The curiosity needed to break stories and challenge norms as a bold, strategic and creative thinker
- An understanding of the needs of a 21st century, multi-platform newsroom
- A willingness to put team interests ahead of your own. You want to be here to do a good job, but also have fun doing so
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver for multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines
- A digital-first mindset with an understanding of the challenges facing journalism today
- Because news never stops – a willingness to work evenings and weekends
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive wage and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A newsroom environment where you will be heard and supported, and where you can bring your whole self to work
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- All the gear you need to do your job
- Address Vancouver, BC, Canada