This posting is actively open and selection is proceeding at this time.
The Saanich Police Department is seeking a motivated, qualified and experienced individual who will have the primary responsibility of strengthening the capacity of the Saanich Police in conducting research, audits, policy analysis as well as the evaluation of issues impacting the Saanich Police Department. In addition, the successful candidate will undertake research and analysis in support of negotiations, collective bargaining and labour relations. This position accesses confidential records, undertakes research and special projects and requires a high level of confidentiality, sound judgment and an understanding of the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Master’s degree in the social sciences or another relevant area of graduate studies with an emphasis on applied research, reasoning and analysis skills
- Two years’ experience in conducting research and policy analysis writing a wide range of documents/reports such as briefing notes or research papers and presenting recommendations to decision-makers on complex issues.
- Accurate and verifiable keyboarding skills.
- Experience in program evaluation would be an asset.
The successful applicant must pass/maintain the required enhanced security clearance.
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
*Testing will be conducted*
- CAD Month
- Address 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery