Requisition ID: 274938
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Program (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
1. Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
2. Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
3. Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
The SAP Vancouver Labs is offering a paid research and innovation internship starting January 2021 for an 8 months period (with an option to extend by 4 months). We are looking for innovative graduate and undergraduate students who are excited about pushing the state of the art in technology legal compliance, pattern detection & classification, networks, software security and data analytics by drawing on research in software engineering, computer networks, data mining, information visualization and other related areas and developing tools based on these.
We offer interns the opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge to explore solutions to real-life technical problems and develop tools used in compliance operations. Interns will work in a dynamic fast-paced Global Technology Legal Compliance and Global Licensing teams that plays a key role in ensuring SAP products and solutions comply with technical legal requirements such as software licensing laws and trade regulations. Interns will have access to support from world-class data scientists, domain experts, software development and user experience teams. We explore opportunities for technology transfer and publish in leading conferences. We strive to create an environment that is both productive and fun.
We are located in beautiful Vancouver in the heart of Yaletown, steps away from a wide variety of restaurants, public transit, and downtown.
More information about SAP Vancouver Labs can be found at: http://global.sap.com/canada/about/saplabs/montreal-toronto-vancouver/index.epx
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern – Developer Research and Innovation in Technology Legal Compliance
Location: Vancouver, Canada (please note that roles will be remote until local guidelines ensure safe office reopening)
Expected start date to end date: ASAP for 8 month duration internship
In this role, you’ll:
- Apply research to real-world technical problems
- Develop and extend tools used in Technology Legal Compliance
- Follow up on latest trends and share the knowledge among the team
- Participate in project meetings to support project goals, requirements, processes, deliverables, and timelines
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Undergraduate, Master’s or PhD student in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering or Law or Mathematics/Statistics enrolled at an accredited university.
- Strong research, analytical, and software prototyping skills
- Self-motivated, with interest in Natural Language Processing and its application to real world problems
- Working knowledge of Python
- Commitment to 8-month full-time internship
- Familiarity with using computer programming languages such as Java and C++
- Familiarity with using data analysis tools (e.g., Matlab, R), ML technologies (eg. Python-scikit) and latest developments in the NLP space (eg. BERT)
- Familiarity with deep learning and neural network frameworks (e.g., Pytorch, TensorFlow)
- Experience developing user interfaces with HTML5, CSS and React
To apply, please attach your CV and a cover letter. Please state on your cover letter a list of your research interests and whether you can commit to a minimum 8-month internship.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada