Closing Date: May 30, 2021
Reporting to the Lead – Identity of Infrastructure Security, the Infrastructure Security Analyst (“the Analyst”) is responsible for operating and optimizing Teck’s enterprise toolset to enable secure interaction with core infrastructure as it pertains to identity, authentication and device security. As these services integrate closely with other shared resources, the Analyst must maintain strong working relationships with neighbouring technology teams and external support providers.
Maintaining secure infrastructure helps ensure that everyone goes home safe and healthy every day.
The Analyst will be focused on key toolsets within the sphere of infrastructure security, to not only ensure that these tools remain operational, but also work to optimize and enhance the use of these tools at Teck to streamline our operational support across teams, and to drive self-service to our users wherever possible.
- Identity. The management of systems that support Teck’s identity infrastructure: Microsoft Identity Manager, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Privileged Identity Manager, CyberArk, Non-Employee Administration, Azure Identity Governance. Performing the ongoing maintenance of these systems and working to develop solutions in the following Identity streams: Joiner/Mover/Leaver scenarios, access request management, identity governance, privileged access, session management.
- Authentication. The Analyst will maintain and support toolsets to allow secure authentication to Teck’s resources from any device (CyberArk, DUO, Azure Conditional Access).
- Device Security and Hygiene. Support and maintain the processes and tools around provisioning and maintaining secure clients – mobile or desktop – to all Teck users. (InTune, JAMF)
- Vulnerability Management: contribute to processes and systems that enforce our Vulnerability Management policy: SCCM, ServiceNow, Group Policy; performing remediation where appropriate and working with other teams across CI classes to ensure remediation is completed per policy.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide support to the platforms detailed in the Dimensions section in accordance with Service Level Agreements for these systems
- Participate in enhancement and project work to elevate and improve the use of these systems at Teck
- Constantly explore areas of improvement within our infrastructure and strongly advocate for them
- Maintain strong working relationships with neighbouring support teams
- Maintain current knowledge of Infrastructure Security concepts and products to ensure our solutions remain current, relevant and supportable.
- Triage and diagnose more complex situations (Tier 3 support) with supported technologies listed in the Dimensions section
- Background in Information Systems and understanding of technology concepts.
- Proficient in basic information security concepts and technologies
- 2-3 years’ experience with Identity & Access Management
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including managers, and subject matter experts
- Advanced scripting abilities using PowerShell or equivalent
- Basic ability navigating in SQL and SQL scripting
- Experience in or familiarity with the technologies listed in the “Dimensions” section
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Self-motivated and ability to manage competing priorities in order to get the job done
- Strong technical, analytic and problem solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at both technical and business level
- Understand the trends and technology evolutions as it relates to cloud technology
- A working knowledge of process automatin, software systems modeling, project management, and knowledge management
- Proficient Spanish, both written and spoken, is considered an asset.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada