BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated. The Business Technology (BT) team provides the technology to deliver great Lottery, Casino and Sports experiences for our players across bricks & mortar and digital channels.
Join us on our journey to becoming a player-centric organization that leverages innovative technology to power our business. You’ll get to work with smart, talented people who value inclusion, flexibility, and work life balance but who also take our work to generate annual revenue for our province seriously. Working in BT means you’ll have a large, positive impact while working with systems at scale.
But this isn’t just about us, it’s about you too! We pride ourselves on providing opportunities for learning, growing, and development, with a total compensation package that provides great work life perks and a pension that is second to none. It’s a win-win!
As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual revenue, BCLC’s commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of the picture. At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose, we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours and transactions and relationships – in the most important sense of life, livelihood, meaning, and well-being – nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead.
This is a hybrid remote/office opportunity.
The objective of the Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance (QA) role is to create, manage and execute test plans, test cases and other test artifacts, ensuring that the products and services offered to end users and players meet both organizational standards and end-user requirements. The role identifies and capitalizes on automation opportunities with the aim of reducing manual functional testing and improving product quality.
The Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance provides expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC and co-ordinates the test activities and deliverables of vendors external to BCLC.
- Develops test strategies and test plans for development and integration projects ensuring an effective and risk based testing approach to validating the integrity of systems.
- Responsible for the creation and timely delivery of all QA artifacts.
- Coordinates internal and external testing resources, manages system and data setups throughout the test cycle and supervises external contractors. Provides QA status updates and project-end reports to project stakeholders and the management group.
- Proactively identifies and drives the implementation of test automation opportunities.
- Proactively seeks out issue resolution by consulting with developers, vendors and project managers.
- Mentors and develops junior team members and contracted resources.
- Continuously improves the shared QA processes and tool use and actively cooperates in cross departmental workgroups.
- Responsible for Audit and Compliance, including rules and responsibilities, procedures, detailed change information, and documenting meaningful and understandable details about the system and/or applications.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) Certification is an asset;
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in a quality assurance or software development environment;
- Experience in Information Systems testing; vendor management, test management, defect tracking and test reporting tools;
- Experience with test automation is an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement;
- Sound knowledge of the principles, concepts, practices and techniques of the overall SDLC – specifically in the area of quality assurance;
- Sound experience of web application automation;
- Sound understanding of the following tools:
- Experience with continuous integration testing and tools an asset;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers – and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada