Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We are looking for a Senior Radio Broadcast Technician!
The Radio Broadcast Technician is accountable for providing comprehensive technical support to the BC market team based in Vancouver. In Rogers Sports Media broadcast radio is undergoing its most dramatic transformation since radio’s inception and the successful candidate joins a team at the forefront of making it happen. This role offers the opportunity to participate in initiatives spanning from legacy to the leading edge of innovation in a time of rapid change.
What you will do…
• Provide personalized technical support to on-air, internal and remote staff, including remote assistance the work-from-home
• Maintain, repair and install broadcast studio systems, including automation systems
• Maintain, repair and install broadcast Digital systems such as live streaming audio and video
• Maintain, repair and install AM and FM transmission systems, including microwave and associated subsystems
• Source and procure capital and operational material
• Participate in and lead major projects
• Create and maintain complete site documentation, including federally mandated transmitter logs
• Coordinate and cooperate with other Rogers divisions
• Rotating after-hours on-call with occasional travel
What you will bring…
• Demonstrated experience in a terrestrial broadcast support environment, including transmission plants
• Demonstrated expertise with modern computer systems and networks, digital audio networks, broadcast automation and transmission systems with networking experience an asset.
• Proactive attitude excited to complete projects and tasks with minimal supervision
• A team builder with a calm demeanor and a customer service first approach.
• A valid provincial driver’s license
• Comfortable lifting and handling standard broadcast equipment and working on ladders under 2 meters
• Comfort working flexible hours when required and being on a regular after-hours on-call rotation with other team members
Here’s what you can expect in return:
• A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
• A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
• A team that trusts and wants to win together
• Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
• Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
• Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
• As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
- Address Vancouver, BC, Canada