Why you should work for us
At BCLC, we play fair. We believe that playing fairly is a serious responsibility and an empowering opportunity. Our commitment to social, economic and environmental responsibility is central to all we do and captured in our slogan “Playing it Right”. From our LEED Metro Vancouver office, to our responsible gambling program, GameSense, we are committed to ensuring that we always consider the impact of our business on the people and communities of BC. At BCLC, we play for BC. We employ—directly and indirectly—almost 26,000 people in gambling operations, related government agencies and charities as well as support services.
At BCLC, we make it fun to be an adult. For more than 30 years, we’ve entertained customers with a chance to dream and have fun, while delivering revenue to the Government of BC for the benefit of British Columbians. During this time, we’ve evolved from a lottery corporation to a full-spectrum gambling entertainment company responsible for conducting, managing and operating lottery, casino, community gaming (bingo) and eGaming in BC. We strive to create outstanding gambling experiences and to have our games evolve with the player’s idea of excitement. For us, playing is not all about winning; it’s about entertainment.
The Senior Business Analyst is a member of cross functional product teams within eGaming, Lottery and/or Casino business lines. They act as a consultative partner, providing advanced level analytical and requirements management expertise under Agile methodology.
Accountabilities include leading business analysis efforts through planning, facilitating, requirements documentation, providing analysis expertise, and support to other cross-functional areas within the team to enable successful team delivery.
• Provides leadership and training on business analysis needs, deliverables and approaches for complex projects involving new or enhancement to technology solutions and strategic business/operating initiatives.
• Works closely with the Product Owner, Product Team and Stakeholders to understand the scope of business analysis effort, deliver analysis plans based on research and best practices, and executes according to objectives.
• Plans, facilitates and leads, cross department and geographically dispersed analysis discussions across all levels of leadership, and ensures collaboration and alignment to needs and objectives.
• Works with a range of internal and external stakeholders to elicit business/technical requirements, business rules, analyze current/future processes and workflow, and produce detailed documentation for improved business systems and operational effectiveness.
• Works closely with IT stakeholders along the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to ensure alignment of solutions to the overall business goals and drivers, and ensures the quality of the final product before implementation.
• Contributes to the Business Analysis Centre of Excellence (BACoE) by introducing best practices and advocates adherence to BACoE processes, tools, templates, and documentation standards.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• A degree in a related discipline.
• 4-6 years of recent intermediate/senior level business analysis experience with an emphasis on research, business and IT; Must have extensive experience on large scale IT projects within a dedicated Agile business analysis role.
• Certifications preferred: ScrumMaster or Product Owner certification, CBAP, Six Sigma, PMP.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Advanced skills in eliciting, creating and managing requirements under agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
• Knowledge of the IIBA Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) knowledge areas and techniques;
• Advanced skills in planning and leading cross-functional workshops for business/technical requirements or process assessments;
• Expertise in collaborating and managing successful delivery with external IT development partners;
• Expertise in process analysis and documentation, and information modelling;
• Intermediate to advanced user of JIRA, Confluence, and Visio
• Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills;
• Demonstrated experience with complex problem solving, analytical thinking, and development of contingency plans for anticipated issues and potential risks;
• Ability to validate proposed solutions against business needs, strategize solution implementation and identify implementation risks;
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to self manage time and risks across potential multiple product team assignments to deliver high quality products;
• Proactive team player focused on results and able to span outside of business analysis boundaries to support overall team objectives;
• Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada