Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Easy access to transit, including the Sky Train
- Secure bike facilities and easy access off the Central Valley Greenway
The Senior Business Analyst is a member of cross functional product teams within eGaming, Lottery and/or Casino business lines. They act as a consultative partner, providing advanced level analytical and requirements management expertise under Agile methodology.
Accountabilities include leading business analysis efforts through planning, facilitating, requirements documentation, providing analysis expertise, and support to other cross-functional areas within the team to enable successful team delivery.
• Provides leadership and training on business analysis needs, deliverables and approaches for complex projects involving new or enhancement to technology solutions and strategic business/operating initiatives.
• Works closely with the Product Owner, Product Team and Stakeholders to understand the scope of business analysis effort, deliver analysis plans based on research and best practices, and executes according to objectives.
• Plans, facilitates and leads, cross department and geographically dispersed analysis discussions across all levels of leadership, and ensures collaboration and alignment to needs and objectives.
• Works with a range of internal and external stakeholders to elicit business/technical requirements, business rules, analyze current/future processes and workflow, and produce detailed documentation for improved business systems and operational effectiveness.
• Works closely with IT stakeholders along the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to ensure alignment of solutions to the overall business goals and drivers, and ensures the quality of the final product before implementation.
• Contributes to the Business Analysis Centre of Excellence (BACoE) by introducing best practices and advocates adherence to BACoE processes, tools, templates, and documentation standards.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• A degree in a related discipline.
• 4-6 years of recent intermediate/senior level business analysis experience with an emphasis on research, business and IT; Must have extensive experience on large scale IT projects within a dedicated Agile business analysis role.
• Certifications preferred: ScrumMaster or Product Owner certification, CBAP, Six Sigma, PMP.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Advanced skills in eliciting, creating and managing requirements under agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
• Knowledge of the IIBA Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) knowledge areas and techniques;
• Advanced skills in planning and leading cross-functional workshops for business/technical requirements or process assessments;
• Expertise in collaborating and managing successful delivery with external IT development partners;
• Expertise in process analysis and documentation, and information modelling;
• Intermediate to advanced user of JIRA, Confluence, and Visio
• Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills;
• Demonstrated experience with complex problem solving, analytical thinking, and development of contingency plans for anticipated issues and potential risks;
• Ability to validate proposed solutions against business needs, strategize solution implementation and identify implementation risks;
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to self manage time and risks across potential multiple product team assignments to deliver high quality products;
• Proactive team player focused on results and able to span outside of business analysis boundaries to support overall team objectives;
• Knowledge of SAP, SalesForce, Oracle, SQL, data warehousing and data modeling, ERP and CRM suites would be an asset;
• Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
- Address Vancouver, BC, Canada