Requisition ID: 42344
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Civil Engineer to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group, supporting the Civil Site Development in Vancouver .
- Leading the civil project team through to completion of assigned projects in areas of bulk earthworks, site drainage, mine and plant roads and earth and mine tailings structures design.
- QA/QC of design calculations and contract documents.
- Assuming responsibilities of discipline practice on assigned
- Proposal and report writing
- Working collaboratively with the project managers and multi-discipline design teams.
- Quality control – Drawing and calculations checking and verification.
- Mentoring young engineers.
- May need to travel to site and other offices when necessary.
What you bring to the role:
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized engineering university
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Registered as a P.Eng. in Ontario
- Thorough understanding of the design process including the application of civil design software packages.
- Previous design experience in bulk earthworks, site grading, storm drainage, access and haul roads and earth structures for large size projects.
- Must be familiar with reading terrain maps/models and contours.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated, quick to deliver and a team player.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be a leader and able to guide and lead a team of engineers and designers to deliver high quality work.
- Good communication skills are most desirable. The candidate will have to coordinate and communicate with multi-discipline teams and clients as well as team working under his/her supervisions.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We’re committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We’ll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada