Requisition ID: 279510
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
This role is part of a team where we work on the core Infrastructure and Data Management services underpinning SAP's cloud portfolio for data and analytics. We work on interesting data and engineering problems at enterprise scale, to help unlock value at the world's largest and best-known companies.
We need a strong and capable engineer who learns quickly, is a creative problem solver, and is productive working both independently and collaboratively.
If this sounds attractive, then come join us!
- Primarily: develop software, including feature/component/service/API design and making changes to code, shepherding through delivery to the end user
- Collaborate in a team environment that can extend to colleagues in remote locations across Dev, Product Management and User Experience teams
- Work closely with our engineering and operations teams to build, integrate, test, and deploy your amazing innovations into production systems
- Assess new technology projects and tools, and drive corresponding changes to enable their adoption
- Lead efforts to improve processes from all stages of development – design, coding, testing and automation, build, continuous deployment and release, monitoring, support
- Maintain and improve operational uptime for the services owned by your team
- Retrospectives and mentoring to help grow the team as a whole
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong software engineering and problem-solving skillset. Have an eye for beauty, a feel for pragmatism
- Experience developing enterprise-grade software and its associated concerns (Performance, Reliability, Manageability, Security)
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive, self-motivated can-do attitude
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Platforms and hyperscalers (AWS, Azure, GCP, Cloud Foundry)
- Building containerized applications using Kubernetes, Docker
- Building software that must scale to thousands of users concurrently
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada