Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Grade: 11
Posting End Date:
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The Sr. EA Solutions Analyst plays a key role to enable the analytics vision at CCS and is responsible for bridging the gap between the Analytics and Data Science team and other teams (both internal to Enterprise Analytics and external). The Sr. EA Solutions Analyst is responsible for coordinating and engaging with key stakeholders at various levels, leading the end-to-end analytics requirements development process, and supporting the ongoing management of requirements and stakeholder priorities. This role would also support improved processes and governance within the Analytics team, building templates and standards to capture, produce and disseminate analytical output. The Sr. EA Solutions Analyst is focused on how information and data can be effectively leveraged at Coast. They must be able to clearly interpret the business need and support the development of an analytical solution, resolving complex requirements against what’s technologically feasible, functionally reasonable and solves the business problems.
What you’ll get to do:
- Works confidently with senior stakeholders to surface ideas, develop options, and create compelling business justification for recommended direction and design of analytics solutions. Manages communication and coordinates effort within and across multi-functional teams to ensure effective implementation of design.
- Design and document current / future state solutions. Drive all relevant requirements development through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements from an end-to-end perspective. Support the ongoing management of the requirements to ensure the most effective recommendations are made for successful solution and project plan completion.
- Drive and lead continuous improvement of BA processes and interactions with the DMG team; make recommendations to improve overall effectiveness and efficiency of the business and team
- Understands the core business problems and provides data centric solutions
- Leads works streams and coordinates multiple priorities across numerous stakeholders, ensuring progress visibility and expectations alignment
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 7 years experience in a similar role. Experience within an insurance, wealth management, financial planning and/ or financial institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; knowledge of the use of analytics and/or data management and warehousing tools in the insurance, financial planning, or financial services environment is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a diploma requiring 3 – 4 years of full-time study.
- Experience in establishing templates and documentation standards
- Experience capturing requirements and technical specs
- Experience with any wiki style knowledge repository. E.g Confluence
- Experience with data visualization tools. E.g. Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview
- Understanding of banking business model, and regulatory environment
- Organizational change management experience and ability
- Experience with process improvement and governance methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma or Agile
- Possess core understanding of how data and analytics can be used to drive effective business decisions.
- Excellent ability to self-manage project deliverables within tight timeframes and dynamic priorities
- Strong presentation and communication skills with individuals at all levels of the company
- Ability to work effectively across both technical teams and business stakeholders
- Strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent writing skills including the design and completion of professional reports and documents
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to work with changing priorities and tight timelines
- High degree of initiative to manage and prioritize a complex, heavy workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to facilitate/workshop with stakeholders to generate and capture ideas, developing them into viable analytics solutions
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.