Requisition ID: 39845
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Highways Manager to join the Infrastructure group in our Highways team in the Vancouver, B.C. location. In this role you will be involved in all aspects of team leadership, project management and support of design management for highways and roadway work, including associated drainage and utilities. This is considered a hands-on role with team management, project management, design, and business development responsibilities.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Lead and manage a Highways team of engineers, designers, and technicians
- Responsible for commitments to scope, schedule, and budgets on multi-disciplinary projects
- Manage overall design of multiple highway and roadway projects, including drainage and utilities
- Ensure that project design solutions are delivered to the highest quality standards
- Plan the resourcing and work programs for projects and monitor against budgets and deliverables
- Recruit new team members as/when required
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to Highways team
- Prepare and present team deliverables and work to project teams and clients
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent client relationships, and providing qualifications and input into proposals for new work
- Leading and/or overseeing fee estimates for proposals, including proposals requiring Highways and associated disciplines
- Active involvement in client management and business development
- Support to business initiatives and projects, as required, within Hatch’s global domain.
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Registered or eligible for registration as a P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a multi-disciplinary environment on infrastructure projects including highways, roadways, utilities, and drainage infrastructure. Minimum 5 years of experience on BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI) highway projects, or equivalent, an asset
- Experience with coordination of utilities, drainage, third-party utilities, and municipal infrastructure
- Understanding and hands-on familiarity with geometric Highway and Roadway design to MoTI and Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) standards, as well as BC Master Municipal Construction Documents standards
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D. Other design software experience such as Bentley design packages would be considered an asset
- Experience in the production of plans, specifications, design reports, and engineer’s estimates for Highway and Roadway projects
- Experience in presenting to clients, stakeholders, and the public
- Established working relationship and regular interface with various clients, especially MoTI, as well as local BC municipalities and other stakeholders
- Project management experience with a track record of delivering infrastructure projects to quality, budget, and timeline objectives
- Strong leadership and supervisory experience, fostering a high performance and collaborative team environment while establishing credibility with staff and clients
- Self-motivated, and ability to work independently while managing and prioritizing multiple timelines and commitments
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (written and verbal); sound understanding of the consulting engineering business
- Ability to lead design teams in a variety of projects, including alternate delivery projects such as Design-Build and P3s
- A high emotional quotient (EQ) that can be applied to motivate teams, increase team efficiency, and aid in conflict resolution.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada