Requisition ID: 131385
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
An iOS lead contributes to the overall success of Digital Banking in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you?
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Lead multiple Scotia digital platforms and set the platform vision for the team by closely working with the senior leadership team.
- Mentor architects and technical leads by providing stretch-goals and feedback.
- Develop long term strategic digital architecture (Mobile/Web/Microservices) to ensure solutions meet current and future requirements.
- Remain delivery focused and help the team to resolve technical impediments.
- Influence product roadmap by working closely with product team and by providing technical insights and suggestions.
- Define & lead architecture governance process and guidelines/practices for Scotia digital platforms.
- Champion application security best practices and lead security of mobile and API applications including all elements of development.
- Help to raise overall skill and quality level through pairing, design/code reviews, documentation and mentoring.
- Push forward our testing processes including unit, integration, functional, non-functional and security testing.
- Champion application code shareability, reusability, and modularity across the bank.
- Keep up with innovative architecture best practices and mobile/API enhancements that can be taken advantage of.
- Assess and interact with 3rd party vendors to make decisions around architecture integrations, security, limitations and overall offerings.
- Work closely with security architecture and security advisory committee to ensure continued adherence to directives and all security practices.
- Create Architecture artifacts through architecture review board participation and architecture documentation.
- Promote architecture as code.
- Champion a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- 5 or more years of iOS development (conceptualization, design, and development), including experience with Swift 5 and XCTest
- Strong knowledge of UIKit, Auto Layout, and building interfaces programmatically
- Extensive experience across all layers of a typical iOS app
- Strong written technical documentation skills, including clearly articulating current and proposed architecture and codifying conventions and best practices
- Bonus points for knowledge of and experience with Combine and SwiftUI
- Deep knowledge of iOS design best practices and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines. Willing and able to provide designers with constructive feedback.
- Experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
- Experience with tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Comfortable working on a large-scale product as part of a large and complex enterprise, with both new technologies and building on top of legacy systems
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don’t apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: “for every future”, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Address Vancouver, BC, Canada