Requisition ID: 37681
Job Category: Metals
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
An exciting position has become available for an Senior Mineral Processing Engineer to join our Metals Business Unit in the Minerals Processing discipline. Become part of a global team of innovative and trusted professionals who provide process engineering input to the different sectors within a Consulting Engineering Environment.
The Senior Mineral Processing Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing engineering services and/or field support. The role will require the engineer to develop solutions in all areas of the process plant across various systems, unit operations and process equipment. Specific tasks include the development of process engineering deliverables; solutions to infield problems; and involvement in the execution and commissioning of these solutions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Perform process engineering tasks on Minerals Processing projects, in a variety of commodities. When requested, act as Lead Process Engineer on projects or studies.
- Operate with full competence and independence in the execution of all design calculations, design criteria, in the compilation and execution of equipment lists and calculations. Develop new criteria/calculations where required, maintaining high levels of accuracy. Provide frequent training, guidance and supervision to junior colleagues.
- Actively engage with clients to understand project requirements
- Grow the organization client base
- Participate in the preparation of proposals and other business development initiatives
- Perform, oversee and mentor others in the development of:
- Process scope definition and technology selection
- Process design criteria
- Define the process block flow diagram and unit operations
- Development of Process Flow Diagrams, along with associated mass and energy balance calculations
- Trade off studies to resolve options
- Identify, scope and manage process test work (on site or laboratory based)
- Conduct capacity analysis for existing plants
- Select the equipment for projects
- Carryout engineering design calculations and equipment sizing calculations
- Prepare specifications of process attributes for equipment, through compilation of process datasheets (or process input to general datasheets).
- Compilation of Process Description
- Design of the process control logic adhering to appropriate safety standards, and documentation into Functional Descriptions
- Display full competence and independence in the compilation of P&IDs and all levels of control philosophies.
- Process specifications portray the appropriate information and design intent
- Process review of equipment bids.
- Compile operating cost estimates including estimation of consumables, labor, maintenance materials and power
- Provide input to capital cost estimates
- Prepare written project reports
- Liaising with other discipline engineers to ensure design development activities conform to process requirements
- Contribute to hazard studies
- Play a lead role in on site commissioning of new equipment and process systems
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mineral Processing, Mining, Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering degree.
- Extensive design, commissioning and/or operational experience of minerals processing equipment and processes (comminution, flotation, DMS, gravity separation, leaching, screening, thickening and filtration)
- Experience in scoping and management of metallurgical test work programs (bench scale, pilot scale, on-site testing)
- Experience in modelling of minerals processing equipment and systems
- Strong client focus
- Ability to lead processing engineering tasks on a project, within the allocated budget and schedule, including mentoring and guidance of junior colleagues and professional interaction with other project disciplines.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro-active leadership skills
- Able to help grow the organization culture
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and keep in balance multiple priorities / demands
- Ability to effectively interact with juniors, clients, and senior management
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Discretionary effort as required
- Able to work independently
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada