Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Join the Client Operations Team, where we make delivering housing affordability solutions easy. The Senior Officer, Operations oversees administration and decisions relevant to underwriting, servicing and lending activities for the purpose of mitigating risks, optimizing client service and achieving corporate objectives. Provides superior quality service to enhance the corporate image and maintain sound business relationships with industry clients
• Analyzing the social housing portfolio to identify issues and potential problems and identify emerging trends.
• Managing affordable housing program by analyzing financial statements, budgets and other activities related to project viability.
• Working with the various business lines on the sustainability of the portfolio and the creation of new units, including providing advice and functional guidance to the Client Operations team.
• Offer advice, support and alternative solutions to clients and stakeholders, including the communication of key decisions, the interpretation of policies and the response to inquiries.
• Negotiate a reasonable solution in line with the risk appetite.
• Participate in internal processes involving performance monitoring and quality assurance by reviewing and preparing detailed reporting on outcomes.
• Maintain quality relationships with clients to understand their needs and objectives and explore opportunities.
• Work in a team environment and contribute to service standards and turnaround times.
• Use effective oral and written communication techniques to deliver quality service.
• Bachelor’s degree in administration or social science and at least two (2) years of experience in social program management, mortgage financing, property administration or lending, a combination of education and relevant experience.
• Demonstrated client management skills with the ability to negotiate with clients and arrive at acceptable solutions.
• Ability to interpret program guidelines
• Strong knowledge of procedures, policies and regulations.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Decision-making skills.
• Knowledge of risk factors related to loans and contributions for social or affordable housing projects
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5465
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Charlottetown (PE); Edmonton (AB); Halifax (NS); Moncton (NB); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Quebec (QC); Saskatoon (SK); St. John’s (NL); Thunder Bay (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC); Winnipeg (MB); Yellowknife (NT)
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC Vancouver, B.C., Canada