Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Kamloops office rocks
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
The objective of the Senior Programmer Analyst role is to deliver professional technical services and solutions to the organization. This role will proactively resolve complex technical issues and use innovative thinking by making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution. The Senior Programmer Analyst role acts as a consultative partner by providing expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC, as well as external to the organization to enable the business to provide technical products and services efficiently and effectively.
• Collaborates with business and other IT personnel to integrate new requirements.
• Collaborates with peers to resolve technical issues and makes regular suggestions for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution.
• Conducts needs assessments with various business units to translate these needs into results for web services delivered by BCLC.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
• Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in a programming/analysis environment, with at least three years at a programmer/analyst level;
• Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
• Experience developing software solutions using C, Microsoft .NET, C#, ASP, HTML and SQL Server;
• Awareness of emerging Web technologies and the ability to apply these appropriately to requirements within a framework of user-centered design principles;
• SQL database object development and data manipulation;
• Microsoft Windows systems, system administration, would be an asset;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
• Strong computer skills – MS office suite;
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada