Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you’ll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class gambling entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province, provide the backbone for BCLC’s eGaming platform, and much more.
The Senior ServiceNow Developer/Administrator supports both day-to-day continuing development and administrative support of BCLC’s ServiceNow platform. The role will work closely with all members of the ServiceNow Development & Admin team supporting all instances through changes, upgrades and enhancements.
The objective of the Senior Programmer Analyst role is to deliver professional technical services and solutions to the organization. This role will proactively resolve complex technical issues and use innovative thinking by making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution. The Senior Programmer Analyst role acts as a consultative partner by providing expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC, as well as external to the organization to enable the business to provide technical products and services efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborates with business and other IT personnel to integrate new requirements.
- Collaborates with peers to resolve technical issues and makes regular suggestions for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution.
- Conducts needs assessments with various business units to translate these needs into results for web services delivered by BCLC.
- Supports the application enterprise integration solutions
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline such as information technology, supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
- Relevant certifications for one or more of the following: ServiceNow, Asset Management, IT Service Management;
- Strong understanding of the ITIL framework and ITSM principles, minimum certification in ITIL v3 Foundations is preferred;
- Vendor Management experience;
- Experience with agile methodologies would be a strong asset;
- 3 – 5 years recent related experience;
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Experience developing SOAP and REST API integrations;
- Experience with Jelly, CSS, PowerShell, Bash, and Git an asset;
- Experience with network, Linux, and Windows administration an asset; Experience with an IT Service Management platform, with preference to ServiceNow, would be a strong asset;
- Solid understanding of the SDLC and best practices;
- Resolve complex technical issues and demonstrate innovate thinking;
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Strong computer skills – MS Office Suite, Jira and/or Kanban online boards would be an asset;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial and national lotteries, Scratch ‘n’ Win games, Keno, and Pull Tabs, as well as over 3500 lottery retail partners across the province.
- Oversee 37 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide online gambling options including lottery, casino games, horse racing, sports betting, and other games.
Last year, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support economic development initiatives, local host government payments, public programs, education and community groups, and more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
BCLC is passionate and committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging, reflecting the diverse communities we serve and maximizing the potential of our workplaces and workforce. We’re doing innovative work across our entire organization to deliver new and exciting programs and future gambling initiatives every day and are looking for creative and energetic professionals to join us in our Kamloops head office, Vancouver sales & marketing office, or in the field.
Ready to join our team?
A word about job search safety:
BCLC only accepts job applications through our company’s webpage. We will never request personal or banking information prior to a signed job offer, nor will we ask for payment at any stage of the recruitment process. If you’ve encountered something potentially fraudulent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be at least 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada