Requisition ID: 275660
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 – 50%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Your Next Role:
Do you thrive on solving complex problems that require a broad set of SAP technology solutions? Do you have experience deploying, upgrading or managing SAP applications? Do you thrive at the intersection of business processes and technology? Would you like to help multi-billion dollar companies navigate their path towards running their business better? Do you like to learn new ways to engage with customers using cutting edge digital platforms and tools? So do we. SAP Solution Advisory is the place for you to make a difference, continuously learn and work alongside other talented, driven and growth-minded professionals.
Your job as a Senior Solution Advisor at SAP will put you in front of executive from some of the most influential companies across North America. The primary role of the Senior Solution Advisor is to help our customers see how SAP solutions can meet their customer’s challenges compared to the competition.
Deal Execution Activities
- Lead the technical direction for complex Platform as a Service cycles, leading our customers to digital transformation and innovation
- Compose and deliver superior sales presentations covering SAP and partner software solutions to prospective customer audiences. The presentations must articulate the sales message, differentiate SAP, and leave a strong and positive impression to various types audiences which can include technical architects as well as senior company executives.
- Prepare and deliver value-based software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation.
- In advance of a demonstration or key presentation, conduct discovery sessions with representatives from the prospective customer in order to build relationships with the customer and understand their unique needs.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of SAP solutions and appropriate industries in order to maintain credibility with prospective customers. Provide proof points with relevant customer stories.
- Able to lead as a Solution Captain when deals require complex solutions and require multiple Presales participates to support a successful customer presentation or demo.
- Participate/Support/Manage POC completion
- Support RFx completion in support of customer proposals.
- Support customers to ensure they are successfully leveraging SAP technology
- Provide post-sale support to key partners primarily to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth integration development.
- Ability to effectively present to customers “remotely” using virtual technologies.
- Support one-to-many sales and marketing events both on-site and remotely.
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify whitespace opportunities at accounts.
Strategic Internal Tasks
- Have an appetite to acquire new knowledge, adapt to and contribute to fast innovating software business and technologies
- Quickly establish oneself as a thought leader in the Virtual P&T presales organization
- Grow and maintain a positive brand that drives deal engagement and utilization
- Proactive in sharing knowledge with the greater presales community
- Participate in account strategy sessions to help drive effective sales strategies with some of the biggest brands in the world
- Participate or lead strategic internal presales betterment projects
- Maintain a social presence to increase your brand and show yourself as a trusted advisor
- Show up and play at the highest level every day
- Knowledge of SAP Business Technology Platform components
- Knowledge of core platform capabilities including S/4HANA Architecture, Extensibility, Integration, Application Security, Embedded Analytics and User experience
- Business acumen, strong verbal and written communication skills, and experience in presenting technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience in creating, designing and recording collateral such as value-based presentations & demonstrations, whiteboards, webinars, videos, podcasts etc.
- Project management and self-management skills; ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to clients
- Expertise with legacy SAP ERP and/or S/4HANA landscapes
- Experience implementing, migrating or upgrading SAP technology
- Basic knowledge of Cloud ecosystems including MS Azure, AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Industry (Retail, Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Wholesale Distribution, Regulated Industries)
- SAP Cloud Platform (PaaS) experience a plus
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- 5+ years of presales or consulting experience
- 3 -5 years of solution specialist (or equivalent customer facing) experience in areas appropriate to the job
- Demonstrates 5-7 successful engagements leading small teams on small-mid-sized deals
- Good knowledge/expertise of SAP solution portfolio
- Ability to support partners in hands on technical sessions and resolve technical issues.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada