Closing Date: May 30, 2021
The Senior Technical Recruiter will work closely with the IT Procurement Team as well as the Digital Talent Hub (DTH) to coordinate activities that are part of the contractor candidate experience from within the Technology & Innovation Department at Teck. The Senior Technical Recruiter will guide contract candidates through the full recruiting process and give them an excellent candidate experience.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Setting-up and establishing the contractor candidate process using SAP Success Factors
- Managing the end-to-end contract recruitment of multiple positions leveraging and existing talent pool, combined with agency submissions
- Educating hiring managers and procurement coordinator on in-house recruitment and best practices
- Working with vendor-partners (Employment Agencies) to ensure the timely submission and consideration of candidates
- Resolving candidate representation challenges as they may arise
- Ensuring that a structured interview process is adhered to
- Gathering and providing timely candidate feedback to agencies
- Remaining current on external talent pools, talent personas, salary levels and other trends within specialized roles
- Be an employer brand representative and a person of trust for the team
- Past experience as an Full-Cycle (365 desk) Agency Technical Recruiter or Corporate Technical Recruiter managing multiple employment agency submissions
- A keen interest in the tech industry, and savvy enough to “talk shop” with technical (IT) talent
- Experience working in an agile recruiting environment or hyper-growth software start-up, juggling multiple priorities and dealing with vast amounts of ambiguity and change management
- Deep understanding of Digital Talent Acquisition strategies, and familiarity with advanced sourcing techniques using digital platforms like Fetcher, RecruitrLabs, Rolebot, Aevy, Entelo, Github, AngelList, etc. is highly desirable
- Full-Cycle recruitment with industry-leading Applicant Tracking and Candidate Relationship Management Systems (SAP, Workday, Greenhouse, Lever) in a high volume environment
- Vendor or Agency relationship management skills, combined with the knowledge and ability to quickly resolve double-representations of candidates and mitigate potential conflicts of representation
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Believes in culture of transparency, candour, and trust
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada