Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Pacific Content is a company within Rogers Sports & Media. We make original podcasts with brands. We’re looking for a Showrunner to join our team, to produce podcasts that help our clients reach the audiences they care about, with content that will grab listeners’ time and attention.
Our team works remotely and is looking to find the best talent, and therefore we are open to candidates from all regions across Canada.
What you will do…
- Oversee the day-to-day editorial work on podcast episodes or series, working with a team that may include producers, writers, sound designers, and others
- Contribute original ideas for stories, series, and podcast formats
- Working closely with an Executive Producer, you will ensure the mandate of the show is brought to life in each episode, and that it sustains for the arc of the series or season
- Chase and book guests, develop interview questions, record and edit audio, write and vet scripts, appear on mic as needed
- Collaborate with clients during the pre-production, production, and publishing stages to ensure client satisfaction, and that the podcast is an excellent representation of the brand’s values
- Juggle multiple editorial and administrative tasks, ensuring publishing, asset and media delivery deadlines are met
- Effectively and efficiently coordinate resources, schedules, freelancers, and studios as needed
What you will bring…
- Proven experience in professional podcast, audio, or broadcast content creation, with at least 2 years of experience as a Showrunner or team leader
- A strong track record in editorial content production for podcasts, radio, documentary, episodic TV series or feature films
- Exceptional audio storytelling skills, including structuring episodes, interviewing, writing for the spoken voice, and building immersive scenes
- Effective leadership and communication skills, ability and willingness to give and get feedback and translates that into an even better show
- Flexibility to work hours matching the production schedule, based on deadlines, multiple time zones
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary
- A manager who deeply cares about your success
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Address Vancouver, BC, Canada