The mission for Honeycode is to enable millions of users to build mobile and web applications easily and efficiently without needing programming skills, to empower team collaboration and innovation. Low Code/No Code is still at its early stage and at AWS we are uniquely positioned to redefine what it means and make it mainstream with our hyper focus on customers. With the V1 product just launched in June 2020, we are at Day One of the new journey for the years to come to innovate and disrupt with new ideas and challenge status quo, to transform industries and change how people work, at a very large scale. We have a startup-like environment, a mission to achieve, and no time to lose!
As a Software Development Engineer on the Honeycode Collaboration team, you will help to build the services used to support viral adoption within the product. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You’ll be surrounded by people who are incredibly passionate about AWS Technology and our product.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a strong track record of successfully delivering new features/products. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science. This person thrives on delivering high quality technology solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 4+ years of hands-on software development experience.
· Bachelors Degree or equilavant experience.
· 2+ years of development and maintenance of web services.
· 2+ years experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java.
· Architectural experience for large distributed systems.
· Deep understanding of data structures, Algorithms and apply them in production systems.
· Knowledge of infrastructure technologies.
· Understanding of client/server security models in the enterprise
· A strong understanding of excellent patterns for customer-facing software.
· Proven track record of ownership in designing, developing, and operating software at .
· Top-notch communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
· Demonstrated ability to ship product to customers.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
- Address Vancouver, BC