At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 6,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Software Development
Purpose of the Role: Software Engineer is accountable for all facets of the software development process. Technical subject matter expertise and provides leadership when it comes to the design of application modules. Maintains and deploys software applications to meet user and business needs as well as conducts system-wide tests, provides customer and user technical support, and monitors system performance to ensure that software programs are operating optimally. In addition, the Software Engineer works with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Software Engineers, external development vendors and other developers to coordinate the development of processes to meet delivery deadlines
- Work with the production and operations support team to ensure applications are running smoothly and service requests are being completed in a timely fashion.
- Work with team member to design and implement new operation-level solutions, as well as maintain existing solutions, critical to LifeLabs’ operations.
- Work with team to find solutions to critical production issues.
- Works according to documented SDLC, providing feedback and input into SDLC as needed, and supporting automation of SDLC tasks as required.
- Works occasionally as a mentor for the other team member providing guidance for best software practices, and improving team collaboration.
- Plans for, executes solution deployments, and supports production and non-production environments for mission critical applications. Provides customer focused support and troubleshoots and resolves problems and issues, in line with documented service levels.
- Works with team to find solutions to critical issues.
- Collaborates with Project Managers, external development vendors, Business Analysts and other project team members to implement module-level solutions as per requirements, clarifying details as needed and determining appropriate solution design.
- Works closely with the Senior Manager, Software Development / Applications, architects, external development vendors and team members to design and implement new module-level solutions in all areas of the applications, as well as maintain existing solutions, critical to the operations.
- Implements software that is highly scalable and highly available, as well as following guidelines to develop secure code and adhere to security best practices. Provide timely updates, escalate issues, and keep work-items up to date.
- Creates and updates appropriate software design and architecture documents, ensures implementation details and source code are sufficiently documented, and manages and maintains TFS user stories, tasks, etc. as needed.
- Performs unit testing of developed components, implements automated unit tests, regression test integrated components. Executes performance tests, and optimizes solutions as required.
- Prototypes with new technologies, libraries, design patterns, emerging trends in software design and development.
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
- Minimum 5 – 8 years’ experience
- University undergraduate degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a technical consultant/developer in MS Dynamics CRM
- Prior experience with Field Services Module and Power Portal
- Professional certification in Dynamics 365 CE, Power Platform & Azure certifications
- Office 365/Azure, Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps Portals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working on improvements of an Enterprise level system
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
- Address Burnaby, BC