At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 6,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Software Development
Purpose of the Role: Accountable for all facets of the software development process. Provision of technical subject matter expertise and leadership when it comes to the design of application modules. Maintains and deploys software applications to meet user and business needs as well as conducts system-wide tests, provides customer and user technical support, and monitors system performance to ensure that software programs are operating optimally. Works with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Software Engineers, external development vendors, and other developers to coordinate the development of processes to meet delivery deadlines.
• Work with the production and operations support team to ensure applications are running smoothly and service requests are being completed in a timely fashion.
• Work with team members to design and implement new operation-level solutions, as well as maintain existing solutions, critical to LifeLabs' operations.
• Work with team to find solutions to critical production issues.
• Work according to documented SDLC, providing feedback and input into SDLC as needed, and supporting automation of SDLC tasks as required.
• Works as a mentor for other team members providing guidance for best software practices and improving team collaboration.
• Plan for, execute solution deployments, and support production and non-production environments for mission critical applications.
• Provide customer-focused support, troubleshoot, and resolve problems and issues in line with documented service levels.
• Collaborate with Project Managers, external development vendors, Business Analysts and other project team members to implement module-level solutions as per requirements, clarifying details as needed, and determining appropriate solution design.
• Work closely with the Senior Manager, Software Development / Applications architects, external development vendors, and team members to design and implement new module-level solutions in all areas of the applications, as well as maintain existing solutions, critical to business operations.
• Implement software that is highly scalable and highly available, as well as following guidelines to develop secure code and adhere to security best practices.
• Provide timely updates, escalate issues, and keep work-items up to date.
• Create and update appropriate software design and architecture documents, ensure implementation details and source code are sufficiently documented, manage and maintain TFS user stories, tasks, etc. as needed.
• Perform unit testing of developed components, implement automated unit tests and regression test integrated components.
• Execute performance tests and optimize solutions as required.
• Prototype with new technologies, libraries, design patterns, and emerging trends in software design and development
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
• University undergraduate degree (in Computer Science is preferred)
• 5+ years’ experience with:
- C#, C++, .NET;
- HTML5, SOAP services, REST services and other modern web technologies;
- SQL Server (queries and stored procedures, SSISSSRS, query tuning and solving performance issues);
- Web Technologies (Angular Framework V6+, Bootstrap, HTML5, TypeScript);
- Automated Testing (NUnit/MSTest, Moq, Specflow/Cucumber);
- Agile development, CICD pipeline development, TFS;
- Azure cloud-based computing services like Azure Service Bus, Event Grid, Logic Apps, Azure Fn, App Service, Cosmo DB
• Experience working on improvements of an Enterprise-level system
• Experience developing robust and scalable components for existing and new software solutions
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent development projects
• Good understanding of software design/patterns and their application
• Solid understanding of the full SDLC, including writing secure code
• Healthcare related experience (HL7, LIS/CIS systems) is preferred
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.