Title: Solutions Architect
Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), [[filter1]]
Job Type: Full Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
We’re looking for a Solution Architect to play a critical role in our Enterprise Architecture practice. The Solution Architect will be responsible for delivering technology solution architecture designs that meet business needs within the standards and reference architectures defined by the domain and enterprise architects. The Solution Architect will provide long and short term planning and governance of solution strategy and design, collaborate with Business to understand business goals and processes, sell their solutions to Business and Enterprise Technology Solutions (ETS) and collaborate with Business and ETS on technical design, implementation and test of their solutions.
What you’ll get to do:
- Create and complete solutions architecture designs compatible with the enterprise context developed by the domain architects (Application, Data, Security, and Infrastructure).
- Recommend cost effectiveness and systems flexibility utilizing knowledge of current or emerging technologies as they pertain to Coast Capital systems development efforts.
- Document the company’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio as appropriate and make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Conduct peer reviews and make recommendations for new and existing systems design projects.
- Develop and facilitate solutions for integration of internal and external systems.
- Report on project status, forecasts and identified or new issues (and solutions), and risks & mitigations.
- Act as a bridge between technical and business stakeholders during solution development to ensure proposed solution meet immediate and strategic business objectives of external Stakeholders (Business Analyst, Business Users, Technology/Application SMEs)
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 7 – 9 Years of Job Related Experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a technical position within IT, minimum of 3+ years’ experience in Architecture and design & 3 years’ experience in in application development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a diploma requiring 3 – 4 years of full-time study.
- Advanced knowledge in solution design and architecture is mandatory.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience of web technologies like Application Servers, J2EE, ESB, web services, HTTPS, SOAP, Java Script framework, Sql/NoSql Database.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience on application integration patterns and techniques, experience in web services/API design.
- Solid experience designing solutions for data integrity, usability, and scalability
- Knowledge of and experience with SDLC and standards
- Knowledge and experience with application security techniques
- Solid experience with technology implementation
- Advanced skill in structuring and solving business and technical problems in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Able to see the big picture and exercise strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, collaboration skills and able to translate complex needs and requirements between technical and business audiences
- Advanced experience in writing technical documentation
- Advanced project management skills
- Solution design experience with PaaS/IPaaS, on AWS/Azure is an asset.
- Experience on Internal/Mobile Banking Platforms or Core Banking Platform will be an Asset.
- Experience on Temenos Core Banking platform will be an asset.
- Awareness TOGAF framework an asset
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- Address 9900 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC