Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Join the Client Operations Team, where we make housing affordability solutions easy. You will support the Fraud Risk Management program in the monitoring of risks resulting from suspected fraud events, ensure that operational work aligns with priorities and recommend actions and policy enhancements. You will proactively manage current fraud strategies and assist with the development of risk management policies and operational procedures.
This is a temporary position of a duration of 6 months.
• Assess and interpret data / early warning indicators to determine risk concentration and other indicators of risk and develop appropriate mitigating measures or recommendations.
• Use tools to carry out effective detection, investigation and decision-making strategies within the fraud risk appetite framework.
• Document key risks, the mitigating actions developed and the perceived effectiveness of those controls.
• Document and report actual or perceived fraud / falsification / misrepresentation scenarios, with their risk, financial and enterprise impacts – as applicable.
• An Undergraduate degree in a related field with a minimum of five years’ experience in credit (e.g. mortgages, banking).
• Experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis (critical thinking).
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to undertake and complete multiple, concurrent tasks and manage tight deadlines.
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in both official languages (French and English).
• Certification in fraud examination would be considered an asset.
• Previous mortgage experience in Multi-unit or commercial mortgages would be considered an asset.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5371
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street Vancouver, B.C., Canada