Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We are looking for a full time Sports Anchor
This role is so much more than simply reading scores. We are looking for an engaging sports storyteller and on-air performer, committed to helping us build a positive work culture. If you find yourself motivated by the human side of sports and the stories behind the scores, we are looking for you.
What you will do…
- Anchor morning radio sportscasts in an engaging and entertaining way for our audiences in Vancouver and Calgary
- Stay up to date with the most relevant sports news in Vancouver and Calgary
- Be active on social media, in a way that supports our brand
- Find ways to tell compelling stories about the more human side of sports on multiple platforms
- Support your teammates by contributing to the positive newsroom culture
- Deliver content which will stand out from the competition
What you will bring…
- A passion for sports journalism – you know what makes a great sports story and know how to tell it
- A developed sense of what sports stories Vancouver and Calgary audiences want and needs to hear
- Curiosity and a desire to push beyond the surface of sports stories, and challenge the status quo
- An understanding of the needs of a 21st century, multi-platform newsroom
- A willingness to put the team first, and an ability to work in service of a larger goal
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver for multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A newsroom environment where you will be heard and supported, and where you can bring your whole self to work
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Access to all the gear you need to do your job
- Address Vancouver, BC, Canada