Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Grade: 12
Posting End Date:
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
Whats the Job:
This role is responsible for the design and development of the Enterprise Analytics Data Warehouse and reporting environment, taking business reporting requirements and working with the data architect, platform engineering, DBA, and data governance teams to design ingestion mechanisms, process and transform this data into Data models that ultimately deliver the analytical layer of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to serve the needs to data analysts and end users. The role is responsible for designing and building all processes required to extract data from source systems, transform it according to business rules, and load it into appropriate data models. This role will be responsible for setting up and monitoring development processes and best practices for the rest of the engineering team. The Senior Data Engineer also ensures all development conforms to CCS security and privacy guidelines.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for the design and building of robust Business Intelligence and Analytical environments that support self-serve analytics, canned reporting, and deep analysis for Data Scientists.
- Responsible for the design and development of the Enterprise Analytics Data Warehouse and reporting environment, taking business reporting requirements and working with the data architect, platform engineering, DBA, and data governance teams to design ingestion mechanisms, process and transform this data into Data models that ultimately deliver the analytical layer of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to serve the needs to data analysts and end users.
- Works with business users and subject matter experts to conduct needs analysis, gathering, validating, and refining business requirements.
- Performs data validation and testing with end users and subject matter experts. Documents requirements and business rules into approrpriate specifications for new reports and/or system enhancements utilizing process and data modeling techniques.
- Responsible for the delivery of project objectives and the seamless delivery of same to business clients; monitors new deployments and services; acts as the primary point of contact throughout the development delivery and follow up of project initiatives
Who we are looking for
- 10+ years of experience working in a directly comparable role responsible for data warehouse development. Significant experience with MS stack (SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) or Cloud data warehouse infrastructure and tools is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a diploma requiring 3 – 4 years of full-time study.
- Experience designing and building a new data warehouse from scratch
- Expert understanding of star schemas and the associated Kimball methodology
- Proven experience with business requirements gathering, process and data modeling
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Expert relational and multi-dimensional data modeling ability and experience
- Experience with MDX, DAX, or similar languages
- Experience with cloud technologies would be an asset
- Significant experience in ETL development with SQL server or cloud tools
- Significant experience in full lifecycle data warehouse development and design
- Financial industry experience would be an asset
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- Address 9900 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC