Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Role Location: This role is 100% remote in the US or Canada
About SAP Ariba:
Ariba, an SAP Company makes business commerce as easy as consumer commerce. Every day, we help our customer find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. We enable the collaboration through the Ariba Network – a cloud-based community where you will find buying, selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and PayPal. We also host other online communities where business commerce professionals’ network and share information and best practices, just like friends on Facebook.
As a DevSecOps Engineer at SAP Ariba, you will help secure the world’s #1 cloud procurement platform. You will work with a growing security team to set the direction and coordinate efforts across the Ariba operations and platform on all security topics. You will also closely coordinate with your peers in the other SAP cloud businesses and the Central Security team to help execute the overall strategy and ensure Ariba is aligned to it. A successful engineer will have experience in cloud security operations and best practices preferably in Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Role Expectations and Tasks:
- Assist in enabling the integration and automation of security tools in CI/CD pipelines
- Leverage APIs to generate metrics for scanning tools
- Identify and/or develop mechanisms to. Improve security related to application development
- Perform data analysis of security monitoring outputs
- Assist in developing an automated security framework
- Development, support and maintenance of compliance as code files
- Work closely with Architecture, Engineering and Operations teams to set a secure by default culture
- Maintain current security stack and develop new solutions to improve capabilities
- Research and develop proof of concepts for new security technologies
- Assist in designing and implementing security controls: networking, IAM, and data protection for our applications running in GCP
- Make recommendation on secure integration strategies, global enterprise architectures and application infrastructure based on best practices.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of security technology solutions for complex environment and architecture.
- Analyzes business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risk and recommends solutions to mitigate them.
- Support audits and vulnerability assessments
- Develop, perform, and analyze vulnerability assessments and penetration tests using generally accepted tools, and recommend remediations.
- Review and enhance security policies that cover cloud platforms
- Perform IT risk assessments, incident investigations, root cause analyses, and forensics.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure successful security and compliance programs that align with client and regulatory compliance requirements
- Evaluate risks that the applicable vulnerabilities pose to the organization and understand the technical implementation details in order to assess and recommend security control improvements or identify mitigating controls
- Assist with remediation of control deficiencies identified during the audit process.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Perform security engineering for complex, multi-platform systems, datacenters, GCP and multi cloud environments
- Participate in the Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) activities, helping SIRT to detect, respond, contain, eradicate and recover from security incidents in a timely manner, within the Cloud Operations and Corporate IT environments
Role Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in cloud security (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- Prior experience in site reliability or cloud engineering
- Understanding of GCP capabilities
- GCP Logical Hierarchy – Org, Folder, Project structures
- GCP Networking – VPC and Firewalls
- GCP Security – IAM, Security Command Center, DLP, KMS and Threat Detection
- GCP Logging and Monitoring
- Experience developing and deploying automation tools
- Proficiency in BASH, Python or other scripting language
- Experience in the security areas of Key Management Systems, Certificate Management, Encryption, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning, Security and Monitoring tools
- Experience working with and securing APIs
- Experience with Domain Specific Language (DSL) – Ruby
- Experience with Compliance as Code a plus – Chef InSpec
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) – Terraform
- Experience with systems configuration orchestration – Ansible or Chef
- 5-7 years’ professional experience with 3-5 years involving security, risk management, compliance, and privacy of non-public personal data
- Experience with IT security and privacy risk assessments and audits of IT general security controls
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build relationships and achieve broader organizational goals.
- Knowledge of logging and aggregation tools
- Experience working with virtual machines, containers and orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Good working knowledge of infrastructure security concepts including firewalls, DMZs, intrusion detection/prevention systems, network security, application security concepts, password management, RBAC, access provisioning, SIEM and OWASP.
- Experience with Splunk ES
- Experience with the phases of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with common vulnerability scanning and penetration testing tools
- Knowledge of Linux and its security a plus
- Interpersonal skills and team player to maintain collaborative relationships throughout the company and with customers
- Ability to think and work analytically
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to document policies, procedures, and technical diagrams
- Ability to manage a substantial unplanned workload with short deadlines
- Must be capable of working with limited direct supervision
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual – Canada
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada