Courtenay Recreation is looking for fun and energetic individuals who enjoy working with children to join our dynamic Summer Camp Team!
Develop your leadership, programming and facilitation skills while delivering summer camps to children ages 5-18 years! Continue to learn and grow in the field of Recreation while enjoying team work, collaboration and serving the public!
Summer Camp Inclusion Leaders are responsible for successfully integrating a wide range of participants with diverse abilities into appropriate summer recreation programs. They are responsible for providing direct supervision, activity adaptation, instruction and leadership to all inclusion participants while promoting healthy lifestyle choices through the incorporation of physical activities and educational components. Inclusion Leaders may work in different day camp programs providing inclusive support to children and youth with diverse abilities, or provide direct leadership to participants in our Teen Odyssey program. Inclusion Leaders must maintain accurate written records relating to participants and be able to maintain a level of confidentiality with participants and their parents. Summer programs are facilitated both on and off site and candidates must be comfortable supervising participants in those settings.
We are hiring staff for up to 40 hours per week June 25 – September 4, pending operational needs. Wages range from $17-$21/hour +4% in lieu of vacation, stat holidays and benefits. Please note the position(s) you are applying for in your cover letter.
- Applicants must be available to work from June 25 through to September 4, 2021 between the hours of 7:45am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday; Staff not available until July 2 must be available to attend alternate training, dates to be determined.
- Completion of Grade 12;
- Experience and/or certificates in recreation, physical literacy, education, human/social services or equivalent will be preferred;
- Applicants must have previous experience working with children with diverse abilities;
- Applicants must have First Aid and CRP C certification or be willing to obtain prior to start date;
- A class 4 BC driver’s license, High Five, Physical Literacy Training, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Food Safe, & NLS certifications are considered an asset;
- Consent to complete a criminal record check.
- Applicants must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and maintain a level of confidentiality with program participants, volunteers, staff and the public.
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume through the APPLY button below by March 21, 2021. We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
- Address 830 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, BC, Canada