Are you ready to dive into a new opportunity? An amazing season could be yours at the Courtenay & District Memorial Outdoor Pool. This popular Comox Valley attraction has been a staple in the summers of local children and families for generations. Let us know if you want to make a splash by applying for this job opportunity.
Exciting opportunities exist for temporary Lifeguard/Instructor positions to assist in the operation of the outdoor pool facilities; carries out swim lesson instruction, lifeguard and cashiering duties; and assists in the marketing and promotion of pool programs and facility.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Minimum 17 years of age
- Current Criminal Record Clearance
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Water Safety Instructor
- National Lifeguard Service
- Lifeguarding/instructing experience preferred
- Knowledge of pool programming, pool chemistry and pool mechanics
- Knowledge of Health Act requirements
- Strong focus on teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Ability to prepare lesson plans, instruct and evaluate participants in a group setting.
- Ability to accurately count money and reconcile cash totals
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and work effectively and efficiently with other staff
- Physical ability to perform rescues of pool patrons, apply chemicals, set up deck equipment, etc.
These positions are available May until September 2021. Hours vary from part-time to full-time and include early morning, days, evenings and weekends.
The wage rate is $18.50 per hour. An additional 4 % of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation and statutory holidays.
Interested persons with the above qualifications should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – Lifeguard/Instructor” no later than March 21, 2021 through the APPLY button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
- Address 830 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, BC, Canada