|City:||Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Location:||Vancouver H/O – Canfor/CWPM_1000 (BC13)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
Reporting to the Manager, Logistics the Supply Chain Co-op will have a key role to play as part of the Global Supply Chain team responsible for ensuring a smooth and efficient flow of forest products from our manufacturing and reload facilities to our global customers. This is an exciting 8 month term at our Vancouver Head Office.
- Generate and maintain the appropriate monthly, weekly and daily order files, accounting for key supply, demand and transportation factors
- Assist mill production coordinators and reload operators with the efficient execution of their daily order files
- Assist in the weekly replenishment of Supply Chain Reload inventories
- Track, evaluate and report on supply chain and other key business process metrics
- Work with our operations and reloads to facilitate the timely delivery of product to our customers. Ensure inventories are kept at target, coordinating with sales, mill production coordinators and transportation as required
- Determine required action for customer and replenishment order assignment changes to ensure we deliver customer service excellence
- Handle production and shipping issues with focus on mitigating customer, operational and financial impacts
- Provide support through the ERP transition process.
- Provide support to the supply chain teams throughout the entire supply chain process
- Working towards Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Global Supply Chain Management or Wood Science
- Previous experience in the wood products industry, in manufacturing, Global Supply Chain Management or sales and marketing would help you in your success
- Well organized, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills and solid background working with modern office software and reporting tools
- Forward thinking and innovative, with an ability to research, analyze and evaluate components of supply chain processes, with a dedication to continuous improvement.
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment, with constantly changing priorities.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada’s mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver
- Address 100 -1700 W 75th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada