Vancouver or Los Angeles
Monstercat is looking for a resourceful and enthusiastic Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our three-person People & Culture team.
Monstercat is North America’s largest independent electronic music label. With 57 staff (50 in Vancouver, 6 in L.A. California, and 1 in Singapore), we are growing and will be adding up to an additional 15 full-time permanent employees over the next 9 months. These roles vary in discipline and location. The majority will require some experience within the music or entertainment industry.
In this role, you will be our first in-house talent acquisition expert managing the full recruitment process for all hires: everything from headhunting and creating candidate pools, to managing and optimizing the interview process.
We’re looking for someone who can be a culture ambassador, giving candidates a great interview experience as well as a glimpse into our company values of community, integrity, curiosity, and tenacity.
This role is a great fit for a savvy and personable talent acquisition specialist looking to join a small People & Culture team at a lively and growing music label supporting its mission to empower artist sustainability.
Success in this role looks like…
- The creation of solid talent pools to source from as resources require
- The ability to develop positive relationships with potential talent
- Shortlisting great candidates for each vacancy
- A favourable time to hire
- Managing and optimizing a clear and concise recruitment and interview process, including working closely with hiring managers to:
- Support with recruitment planning and strategy,
- Determine relevant selection criteria,
- Support drafting job descriptions,
- Align on interview process & questions
- Provide interview training to staff
- Conducting relevant reference checks
- Creating a great candidate experience that reflects our company values
- Supporting with employer brand initiatives, including identifying and attending industry and career events
- 5+ years experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist, particularly within music or entertainment
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Proven success filling hard-to-fill positions
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and HRIS platforms
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A keen understanding of the differences between various roles within organizations
- Familiarity with social media, resume databases, and professional networks (e.g. Indeed, LinkedIn, Stack Overflow, Github)
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with industry trends
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management or another relevant field
- Positive, proactive, methodical, and tenacious
Why join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and passionate people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity
- Utilize a comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Work a flexible work week, currently from home but when public safety regulations allow it… at our creative Railtown Vancouver office with freshly ground coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, and regular company events
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices in L.A., California and Singapore, Monstercat is North America’s largest independent electronic music label. We’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels – we connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
How to Apply…
On our website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- Your resume
- A personalized cover letter that highlights clearly and succinctly how your skills and experience match the specific requirements of this role
- Address 380 Railway Street, Vancouver, BC