Reporting to the Director, Tax, the Tax Accountant is accountable for contributing to minimizing corporate tax costs by effective tax compliance, including the timely preparation and filing of corporate tax returns, maintaining tax information, assisting in the handling of governmental audits, processing of tax installments and balances, and financial reporting relating to taxes.
Teck is consistently recognized as a top employer for our commitment to a healthy and positive work environment. Our team is focused on fostering a workplace where everyone is included, valued and equipped for the future. In 2021, Teck was proud to be selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four years in a row, and also named as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
In 2020, Teck was named to Forbes World’s Best Employers List and in 2021, we were recognized in Forbes Canada’s Best Employers 2021 List.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Contributes to lower costs by completing corporate tax and information returns on a timely basis for a portfolio of group entities
- Contributes to lower tax costs by managing the timing and completeness of the reporting of required financial information by the various earning centres and head office departments to satisfy the accountabilities described in the item above and by being responsive to those centres and departments when informed assistance related to tax matters is requested
- Responds to government tax enquiries, audits and reassessments
- Prepares entity current and deferred tax provisions and reconciles balance sheet tax accounts, accurately and on a timely basis; contributes to the completion of the year-end consolidated current and deferred tax provisions, and other tax related information for financial reporting
- Organizes and maintains important entity tax information, computations, logs, and databases
- Actively pursues a foundation of accounting and tax concepts and practices through attending professional training courses and seminars
- Assists with special assignments, which include the compilation, analysis and presentation of findings in a concise manner, as requested from time to time
- Form Management: W8BENs, Residency certs, RC59, Tax Accounts, GST Elections
- Tax Attribute Databases (e.g. ACB)
- T5, T4A-NR, NR4
- Minor subs T2, TRL T106, T1134, T1135, GST 111
- Assist Head Office Compliance & Audit (income, payroll, GST, PST)
- Assist HR/Global Mobility
- Special spreadsheet intensive projects
- CPA (or anticipated completion of CPA program within a year)
- Demonstrated interest towards a career in corporate taxation
- Corporate tax compliance and/or accounting experience in public practice or within large publicly traded business enterprises
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and contribute to team objectives
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational, analytical capabilities and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada