Immersive Tech is looking for a Technical Producer to work closely with our team to produce a roadmap, and then help them bring it to life. This role will be supporting multiple agile teams with different specialties (ie. art, dev, game design) primarily distilling the heart of the game design into actionable items. The successful candidate will help manage these teams getting into the technical details speaking their language, estimate task timeframes, understand overall designs, and how to communicate them clearly to teams.
At Immersive Tech, we design and build interactive experiences that facilitate “play”. Our team is as diverse as the experiences we create, and we strive to create an inclusive, respectful, good-humored working environment where every employee has a voice in the creation process. We’re looking to expand our team with passionate individuals who can meet the challenges of a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to brainstorm, research, and implement various project pipelines and toolsets.
- Supervise artists and devs to identify and solve technical problems with existing tools.
- Jump in when necessary to help the team accomplish weekly prototype or production goals.
- Act as a liaison between art, design, and dev implementing the roadmap into detailed tasks especially for dev and art teams.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including roles such as Technical Artist, Design Leads, Developers, etc; participate in daily standup meetings and weekly sprint meetings.
- Identify and communicate all roadblocks or bottlenecks that may prevent teams from achieving established goals within their sprints/milestones.
- Own operational aspects of project development, including establishing development frameworks, risk management, capacity planning, and resource management.
- A minimum of 4 years of game or VR industry experience in a production/development environment.
- A minimum of 2-year computer science or 2D/3D design degree. (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Familiarity with programming and/or scripting languages. E.g. C#, Python, etc.
- Proficient in interactive 3D design tools. E.g. Unity, Photoshop, Maya, Blender, etc.
- Previous experience with a AAA game engine (Unity preferred)
- Proactive mentality, with attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Proven strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills in a technical environment with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to rapid development cycles with multitasking.
- Knowledge of current art and dev techniques and processes in VR.
- Track record of project planning being successfully executed leading to the timely delivery of quality projects
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and deliver against agreed deadlines
- Strong understanding and experience in the VR game development process willing to commit and take responsibility for projects.
- Experience and knowledge of best practices for VR experiences.
- Experience with SteamVR/OpenVR and HTC Vive VR Products
- Experience creating shaders
- Experience in animation
- Experience with Agile & Scrum workflow
- Experience using Trello, JIRA, Monday, Slack, Milanote, and related technologies
Thanks in advance to all those who apply, but we will only contact those who qualify for an interview. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send us your resume, cover letter, and portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Downtown Vancouver
- Fully remote currently due to COVID.
- $65k-80k annually.
- Address Vancouver, BC