The Canada G&A Tech Team is seeking an experienced Technical Sourcing Recruiter to source key candidates against requisitions across North America for a variety of our business groups. This is an amazing opportunity to work with a lean but mighty team and support the recruitment of key talent across various disciplines such as software development, product management, business intelligence, etc. Our hires empower the programs and products that serve Amazonians across the globe!
To add, this individual will also have the opportunity to collaborate with teammates & the Recruiting Manager on establishing best practices, cross-divisional projects, and other similar activities.
A day in the life
Collaborate with hiring teams to build effective, multi-channel sourcing strategies, assessments, and other recruitment activities–all while managing internal and external customer expectations.
Recruit passive candidates and assess profiles against requisition needs while building & maintaining a network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management.
Build subject-matter expertise in recruiting across key job families, gather candidate market intel and recommend ideas and strategies that will contribute to the long-term growth of the company.
Act as a talent advisor educating Hiring Managers about the recruiting process.
Partner with the recruiting manager on fostering excellence in the team’s culture and help drive productivity.
About the hiring group
This opportunity is part of the People Experience & Technology (PXT) team. Who is PXT? The PXT team builds the technology behind decisions with real human impact. People Experience & Technology is solving hard problems in identity, authentication, recruiting, talent, growth, UX, scalability, and diversity.
The HR Tech Recruiting team is seeking a talented, customer focused recruiter with a passion for delighting the client and candidate, to join our recruiting organization. You will be supporting technical teams to drive candidate generation strategies in partnership with your clients.
Successful sourcers on this team utilize their experience in setting benchmarks, forecasting and tracking against metrics, and prioritizing to hit customer SLAs. They thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, and have fun to get the job done. They draw on demonstrated knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders and hiring managers.
· Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing and assessment approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment
· Recruit passive candidates and gauge both technical skills and chemistry of candidates for fit, and to understand candidate motivation
· Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management; conduct in-depth interviews with candidates, and demonstrate the ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview ratios
· Recommend ideas and strategies that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing new recruiting processes and fine tuning standard processes that fit within Amazon’s mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer
· Articulate in writing a sourcing plan with deliverables, timelines, and a formal tracking process
· Build and maintain an ongoing candidate pipeline to support hiring goals
· 3+ years of corporate and/or search firm progressive technical recruiting experience with a focus on passive candidate generation, engagement and closing strategies
· Experience supporting and driving sourcing deliverables for senior leadership, hiring managers and all stakeholders of the hiring process
· Experience recruiting for technical talent for roles including full stack/backend/frontend software development engineers, systems/support engineers, systems administrators, etc.
· ATS experience with sourcing, monitoring and managing candidates
· Experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships.
· Have successfully built scalable recruiting programs and processes
· Ability to continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to sourcing and delivering candidates.
· Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
· Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
· Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
· Possess of strong analytical skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
· Focus on results, ability to drive the recruiting process and provide responsive follow-up to both candidates and hiring teams
· Experience in building on-going customer relationships through constant communication and ownership of accounts or clients
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant / related discipline
- Address Vancouver, BC, CA