Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Easy access to transit, including the Sky Train
- Secure bike facilities and easy access off the Central Valley Greenway
The User Experience (UX) Designer is responsible for interpreting customer needs and transforming them into thoughtful, elegant and highly usable design solutions for our customers. The role will apply user-centered design methodologies as they work with cross-functional teams to create a wide array of user experience deliverables such as user flows, site maps, wireframes, prototypes and interaction specifications for BCLC’s products and services.
• Defines and communicates UX direction using appropriate tools including sketches, user flows, wireframes, interaction specifications and research, to describe intent, and negotiates design solutions with stakeholders.
• Effectively communicates ideas and continuously collaborates with UX team members, product managers and developers to ensure UX best practices are adhered to at various stages of the project lifecycle.
• Assesses data from multiple sources (product requirements, tech constraints, UX research, and web analytics) and analyzes it in order to provide a recommendation for the ideal UX solution.
• Supports UX team members on strategic initiatives such as developing design systems, creating personas and journey maps, defining internal design processes, etc.
• Performs production design tasks such as creating production ready assets that meet the specific needs of target platforms (naming conventions, resolutions, format types, etc.), communicating and preparing files for design delivery to partners ensuring successful handoff, and maintaining and supporting design systems and shared design libraries.
• Conducts user research initiatives including recruiting participants, facilitating user research sessions, analyzing data, creating user research reports and providing design recommendations based off the findings.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• A post-secondary degree in a related field;
• 3-5 years of directly related experience in a user experience role, user interface/interaction designer, information architect or user researcher, including 1 years in e-commerce;
• Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
• Experience designing for multiple platforms: desktop, mobile, apps
• Expert knowledge of the UX tools of the trade: Sketch, Figma, InVision, Abstract, Jira
• Ability to create interaction flow wireframes based on high-level product specs
• Ability to create visual/functional prototypes to test design ideas
• Ability to conduct UX research, analyze the results and update designs based on them
• Working knowledge of enterprise CMS’s like Adobe Experience Manager (AEM6)
• Experience designing in an Agile development environment an asset
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
- Address Vancouver, BC, Canada