Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
If you speak Tagalog fluently and have a passion for news, then OMNI News: Filipino Edition wants to meet you!
We are looking for a talented Photo-Journalist who will deliver stories that resonate with Canada’s Filipino community. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in journalism and a passion for storytelling and innovation in news coverage. As a proven innovator, you know how to emphasize creativity over tradition.
At OMNI we live, eat and breathe diversity. OMNI News is growing and this may be your opportunity to join Rogers, one of the best places to work in Canada.
What you will be doing…
- Collaborate with a diverse team of innovative journalists to produce news for Canadians who speak Tagalog
- Research and verify information to present factual, daily content with journalistic integrity
- Shoot, screen, select and edit material from internal and external sources
- Present scripted and unscripted coverage, live and recorded, from in-studio and remote locations
- Ensure your content reaches, engages and resonates with target audiences on OMNI Television across Canada and globally through our digital properties
- Take ownership of news content from beginning to end, across all platforms, while ensuring content is accurate and grammatically correct
- Write daily stories and promos
- Seize on every opportunity to innovate in the delivery of relevant content in the most timely, efficient and effective manner
- Build a strong network of contacts within the Filipino-Canadian community
What you bring…
- Write and speak fluently in Tagalog, and have a minimum basic working knowledge of English
- Proven experience operating a video camera and editing to deadlines is an asset
- Able to question authority to push for transparency
- Adaptable and won’t allow obstacles to stop you from producing a compelling story
- Newsroom experience, and using that knowledge as a trampoline to innovation
- Highly attentive to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Unflappable, able to meet tight deadlines, to multi-task
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Fluent in the digital news space with an ability to identify trending stories on social media
- Experience with live news and field production are assets
- Address Vancouver, BC, Canada